AcE Photographic Flickr

AcE Photographic. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Tuesday 1 May 2012

OCA - TAOP - Exercise 6

Exercise 6, Fitting The Frame To Subject;

This exercise is designed as an experiment to see how much space it takes to fill the viewfinder and how this can affect the final shot.

I chose a statue as my subject as it would enable me to move around it easily to recompose my shots.


This initial shot is just a snapshot with very little though towards composition, as it is merely to give base reference of the subject - the statue in the foreground.





The aim for this second image was to fill the frame as much as possible with the subject. However, the subject is not that tightly fitted to the frame as I decided to compose the image with as much of the pedestool out of view as I found it to be, in my opinion, large and distracting from the main subject.


The aim for this third image was to get in close and photograph just a part of it, where the subject extends beyond the edges of the frame.

The image is actually a cropped image, as I read the exercise incorrectly, see further down for the full sized image. It does however mean that I have experimented with cropping looking for new images, as requested in the exercise.


In this fourth shot, I moved back to get more background in the frame, placing more emphasis on the background. As you can clearly see, the trees in the background are far more pronounced and obvious, especially as the subject takes up alot less room in the frame.




This final photo is merely for reference for image 3 as I had misread the exercise. Luckily it means that I was forced to experiment wit hcropping as the exercise requests. Image 3 is a crop of this image, taken from the face. If you compare both images, the similarities are clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment